Total Pageviews

Monday, January 2, 2012

Now the lower control arms

I started on the lower control arms today.  These are proving to be much more challenging than the uppers.  There are more parts to them, and more mods to be made to the stock arms.  I'll post the real details later, but for now I'll just say that drilling and cutting through hardened steel is much tougher than I thought it would be.  I bent one drill bit in the process already and I don't even have the first arm disassembled yet.  So off to Northern Tool tomorrow to pick up a smaller grinding tool and some bigger stones.

Then to top it off, my parts washer pump decided to quit working.  I got it to run intermittently, but I think I need a new pump already.  I suppose that's the price I pay for buying the lowest cost stuff instead of the best value stuff.  You'd think that I would have learned that lesson well a long time ago...

With all that being said, I still think it was a good day of progress on the Mustang.  I'm still having fun with it, and would much rather stay home tomorrow and keep working on it instead of going back to work.

More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment