Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Getting front suspension installed

Got to spend just a few minutes on the car tonight, but they were very productive.  I got the lower control arm and strut rod on the driver side installed, and attached the spindle.  I'm ready to install the spring, shock, and upper arm but I need to borrow or buy a spring compressor to finish the job.  I'll get the tool tomorrow, probably going to buy since it would be a good thing to have.

So far I am very impressed with the Opentracker Racing upgrades.  The original stock lower arm was sticky and hard to move.  This new one moves in all dimensions very freely due to the spherical joint.  Here is a video of it working.  The Global West strut rod is already attached, which restricts the movement up and down, but I think you can get the point.  Notice my daughter Alyssa is only using two fingers to swing the arm.

And here is a pic with the spindle attached.  More to follow this weekend, when I hope to have the entire front suspension reinstalled.
I also did some searching for wheels tonight, and I think I am going to go with the American Racing Mainlines in 16 x 8.  What do you think?

1 comment: